Skinny? Want to build muscle? Any guy can follow this plan and gain mass quickly.
If you want to see how easy it is to pack on muscle, just do everything below for four weeks and see what happens.
Here’s why I say it’s easy.
You know how fat people dieting lose the most in the beginning part of the diet – and find it the easiet?
Well, it’s the same for putting on muscle.
And you know how fat people can comfortably lose 1 to 2 lbs a week and keep at it at this rate? It’s the same for putting on muscle.
If you’re starting from ‘ground zero’ you can put on 2lbs of muscle a week, comfortably.
And I’m going to prove it to you.
Just do everything in the below plan for four weeks and see what happens to your physique.
1. Weigh yourself (in Lbs).
2. Multiply your weight in by 15. That’s how many calories you need a day to not put on or lose weight if you’re doing 3 cardio and 3 weight sessions a week. Here’s why.
3. Add 457 to your daily calorie figure (this is for the new muscle). Here’s why.
4. Do these key compound exercises for bulking. Here’s why. Do 3 sets of 7 reps. If you can lift an eighth rep on the last set, use heavier weights.
5. Always have a rest day between weight lifting days. Here’s why.
6. Make sure you eat your calorie requirement without eating junk. Here’s why.
7. Most protein shakes are about 500 calories, so quaff one of these immediately after training. (If you can stomach it, drink one before and during to). This will also help you reach your daily requirement. Here’s why.
8. Don’t skip breakfast and make sure it is packed with protein. Here’s why.
That’s it. Just try it for four weeks and see what happens.
Remember though, you’ve got eat like you’ve never eaten before (this applies whether you are a skinny or average guy). You’ll find it just as tough as the weight lifting – but your body needs those raw materials.
And go nuts on protein. You can’t have too much protein – your body either uses it, or sends it down the crapper, it can’t store it.
Bulking up isn’t just about weights – diet and recovery are just as important. Without them, you’ll get nowhere. These three bedfellows all need each other badly. Ignore one of them and you just will not build muscle like you want to.
If what I’ve said makes sense to you and has struck a chord, sign up for the two week plan. You’ll get diet tips, more key exercises and some more ‘science’ stuff from Vinnie’s plan.