Ever heard of Vince Gironda? No, nor me.
But in body building circles he’s bigger than Arnold. When I say, bigger, I don’t mean bigger physically (cos nonbody can be more bad ass than the Terminator, right?), I mean bigger as in a guru – in fact, he’s known as the Iron Guru.
He was kinda unorthodox when it came to turning skinny guys in to muscle monsters. Here’s a list of some of his body building dos and don’ts:
1. Bench presses for pecs. This is 90% front delt work.
2. Not touching all four bells together on dumbbell benches. This also is 90% front delt work if you do not touch the bells together (when doing chest press).
3. Mixing carbohydrates and proteins.
4. Skipping breakfast.
6. Side Bends.
7. Not taking enzymes at every meal.
8. Music in the gym.
9. Not selecting the proper exercise for deficient muscle areas.
10. Not keeping chin on chest, feet under the face and elbows wide on parallel dips for pecs.
11. Not changing an exercise program often enough.
12. No knowledge of breaking a rut.
13. Not specializing on slow growing areas.
14. Not taking supplements.
15. Taking too many supplements.
16. Lack of conentration during workouts.
17. Unwillingness to accept new or different concepts.
Personally, I’m just sticking to my plan. Seems to have all of the above covered…